Leicestershire County Council is prepared for wintry weather and has plans in place to keep services running.
County Council services
When the weather causes a disruptions to our services we aim to publish information see details for specific services.
Roads and driving
Drivers should familiarise themselves with gritted routes and stick to the main roads.
Be prepared for flooding
You can find out if you live in an area which is at risk of flooding, as well as get advice and sign up for alerts at www.environment-agency.gov.uk
News and general advice
- We also use the council's Twitter feed to keep you up-to-date with gritting and let you know about any impact on services - follow us LeicsCountyHall
- BBC travel news for Leicestershire
- Clearing snow and ice from pavements yourself - government guidance
- Business continuity
- Emergency management
- Keeping warm - government guidance
- Local Resilience Forum - Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
- Met Office - weather reports
- Guidance for older people to keep warm