Mobile Library Service
The mobile library service visits communities that do not have a static library throughout Leicestershire, as well as some urban areas.
The mobile libraries visit fortnightly and the cycle is referred to as "week one" and "week two" in the timetables. See Route Details.
Each mobile is referred to by a number and is based at a particular library. If you want to renew your books or check if a mobile is running you will need to contact the operating library.
Joining & Borrowing
It's free to join and there's no age limit.
You can borrow up to 24 books per visit. Books are issued for 4 weeks and can be renewed for a further 4 weeks - just ask the mobile library driver/assistant or contact the base library to renew your books (providing nobody else has reserved them). There is a charge if your books become overdue.
- Books for all ages, novels and information books
- Books in large print, Talking books - there is a small charge for these
- Materials on the local area
- Books may be reserved for a small charge
- Mobile 2 operated from Melton Mowbray Library
- Mobile 3 operated from Market Harborough Library
- Mobile 4 operated from Lutterworth Library
- Mobile 5 operated from Loughborough Library
- Mobile 6 operated from Coalville Library
- Mobile 7 operated from Coalville Library
If the mobile cannot visit
If the Mobile Library cannot visit for any reason we will telephone you, or a contact in your community and they will pass the message on. Your books will automatically be renewed for a further 4 weeks.
If you would like to help by becoming a contact person, please let your mobile library staff know
Page Last Updated: 18 January 2011