Reablement (sometimes called rehabilitation) is the name for support given to you in your own home and is designed to help you get back on your feet and be independent. For example, this might be after a period of illness or a stay in hospital.
Leicestershire County Council’s reablement service is called HART, which stands for the Home Care Assessment and Reablement Team. HART can help with:
- Support for up to six weeks in your own home to help you regain your independence and get back to coping with the practical aspects of day to day living
- Support for up to twelve weeks if you have dementia
- Supporting you to do tasks, rather than doing them for you – you will be encouraged to do as much for yourself as you are able
- Information and advice on a range of topics
When the HART service is coming to an end, you may still need on-going support for a longer period. If this is the case, the HART team will help you to decide how you want to be supported in the future, which would be through having a Personal Budget.
- The service is available to you if you are assessed as having social care needs to support you in your own home
- You can refer yourself by using the contact details below or by using our online self-referral form
Page Last Updated: 9 December 2013