- Abbeyfield Society - UK wide volunteer-led charity providing housing with support or care for older people.
- Age Action Alliance - working to improve older people's livesby ensuring they are valued and heard
- Age UK (Leicestershire & Rutland) - Information and advice, home help, care services, hospital transport and other services for older people in Leicestershire.
- Age UK - Information and support for changing and choosing housing and care arrangements.
- Age UK - General information and advice on a range of topics.
- Ageing Well in Leicestershire - Contains links to helpful organisations for all older people
- Age Positive - Government campaign to tackle age discrimination in the workplace.
- Alzheimer's Society - An organisation that provides information and support for people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- At Dementia - Information about Assistive Technology for People with Dementia.
- British Association of Occupational Therapists - The British Association of Occupational Therapists offers information, advice and directories of suppliers and services.
- British Red Cross - Help for people in crisis and with independent living.
- CareAware - CareAware provides information, advisory and advocacy services, specialising in elderly care funding advice
- Care Homes - Provides a national search facility for finding care homes and related products and services.
- Care Quality Commission Directory of Care Services - Search by location for care homes, care agencies, domiciliary care, residential care etc.
- ChooseMySupport - Allows people to research and purchase support services and products to help them live independent lives.
- Independent Age- National charity providing information, advice and
support for older people, their families and carers
Department of Health - Department of Health's information.
- Department of Work and Pensions (formerly DSS) - Information regarding Pensions and Retirement.
- Directory of Care Providers in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland - Gives useful information to help you look for care homes in the area.
- Friends of the Elderly - FOTE is a charity that supports older people by offering help and friendship.
- Grandparents Plus - Aims to raise the profile of grandparents and the extended family as providers of essential care, especially to vulnerable children.
- Housing Care - A website run by a registered charity and includes details of all care homes across the UK and other helpful information
- HM Revenue and Customs (formerly the Inland Revenue) - check the individuals section.
- Infolinx - Information about local services for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
- Information Prescriptions - NHS website which allows you to create your own set of information about different health conditions
- Leicestershire CareOnLine - Provides easily accessible information and services to carers, disabled and older people.
- Leicestershire Community Projects Trust - Contracted by Leicestershire County Council to provide advocacy for carers of adults receiving adult social care services.
- NHS - Pages on dementia
- My Guide - Offers a simplified interface to the internet through which users can set up email accounts, browse the web and search for information.
- No Cold Calling Zone - Information from Leicestershire County Council Trading Standards on door step callers.
- Office of the Public Guardian - Provides financial protection services for people who can’t manage their finances because of mental incapacity.
- Over 50's - Government site with information for the over 50's.
- Social Care Online - An enormous range of free information and research on all aspects of social care.
- Telecare Services Association - The TSA works to promote understanding and awareness of telecare and telehealth and help people find a service locally.
Page Last Updated: 19 July 2011