Keeping Warm in Winter
- Department of Health have produced a 'Keep Warm Keep Well' Winter Guide. This booklet provides advice about actions that older people and their carers can take to keep well during winter.
- Information is available through meals on wheels providers, home care assistants, day centres or lunch clubs.
- Age UK Leicestershire and Rutland can also give general advice and put people in touch with local services. In case of very severe weather they operate an Emergency telephone line and publicise the special telephone number on local radio.
- The NHS, Department of Health, Age UK and WRVS produce leaflets on keeping warm in winter. GPs, pharmacists and libraries also have leaflets available.
- The Home Heat Helpline can help with free advice about gas and electricity
- 4 Ways to Warmth Campaign - advice and support on keeping warm and staying healthy in cold weather
- 4 Ways to Warmth Campaign (2.59Mb .pdf) - advice and support on keeping warm and staying healthy in cold weather
- Age UK
- Department of Health's Guidance - Keep Warm Keep Well
- Find Energy Savings
- Winter Fuel Payment information from the Pension Service
- Latest information from the Met Office
- NHS Leicestershire and Rutland - Winter Safety
- Staying Warm in Winter (Direct Gov)
- Home Heat Helpline
- Rural Community Council
Page Last Updated: 10 April 2014