Someone to help you - home care
Some people have difficulty looking after themselves day to day, for example with:
- getting in and out of bed
- remembering to take medication
A Personal Assistant can help you with many of these tasks.
Equipment may help you with these tasks and to remain independent, but if you are still having problems you may need help from a care worker.
Short Term Support
You may only be having difficulty temporarily, for example because you have been ill or in hospital, in which case our reablement team can support you for a limited time to help you get back on your feet.
Long Term Support
If you are having difficulties longer term, we can arrange for you to have practical help on a long term basis.
You can search for providers of home care on ChooseMySupport.
Contact us to ask about getting an assessment for longer term support.
- Age Uk 0116 2992233
- ChooseMySupport - Directory of local social care support options
- Getting Support
- Personal Budgets
- Paying for Social Care and Support Long Term
- Charges for Services at Home and in the Community
- Getting help at home
- Help with Home Maintenance and Gardening
- Help with Meals
- Help with Housework
- Age UK - finding help at home
- Care Quality Commission - advice about using and choosing social care
- Homecare - online directory of home care providers in Leicestershire
- Directory of Care Providers in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
Page Last Updated: 13 May 2013