Support into Employment
If you have a disability, Disability Employment Advisers at your local Jobcentre Plus can give you help and support with:
- an employment assessment to identify what type of work or training suits you best
- referral, where appropriate, to a "Pathways to Work" personal adviser
- referral to a work programme for disabled people, like Work Choice or Access to Work
- referral, if needed, to a Work Psychologist for a more detailed employment assessment to identify the best work or training for you
- a job matching and referral service – where you will be notified of jobs that match your experience and skills
- information on employers in your area who have adopted the 'two ticks' disability symbol
The Fit for Work Service helps employed & self-employed people to get back to work more quickly when they are signed off sick, as well as helping people who areat risk of long term sickness absence to remain in work.
Multi-Access Centres help people into work with a range of information, support and advice.
Connexions Leicester Shire can give information and advice about learning, careers and employment.
Skills for Jobs can help you to improve your skills and make the first steps into work.
Page Last Updated: 13 May 2013