Also see: Carers | Children, Young People and Families | Emergency Services | Health | Health Reference Information | Law | Older People | Social Care
Children & Young People
- Barnardo's - Barnardo's helps the most vulnerable children and young people transform their lives and fulfil their potential.
- Beyond Bullying - is a website for young people, parents and professionals seeking guidance on bullying.
- Childline - ChildLine is the UK's free, 24-hour Helpline for children in distress or danger who may feel they have nowhere else to turn.
- Domestic Violence - Information from Leicestershire Council Council
- Direct Gov - Parents Worried About... - Information from the Government about child protection matters.
- Local Safeguarding Children Board - Work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children Protecting children from physical, emotional or sexual abuse of neglect. + Helpline for reporting abuse
- National Children's Bureau - NCB promotes the voices, interests and well-being of all children and young people across every aspect of their lives.
- NSPCC - UK's leading charity specialising in child protection and the prevention of cruelty to children. + Helpline for reporting abuse
- OpenFamilyDirectory - Extensive online directory for information about childcare and services for families, both locally and nationally
- Think U Know - Information from the Home Office to help you find out how to keep your children safe when they use the Internet.
- Action on Elder Abuse - Aims to prevent the abuse of older people by raising awareness; encouraging education; promoting research; and collecting and disseminating information + Helpline for reporting abuse.
- The ADAM Project - Supporting Male Victims of Domestic Abuse.
- Ann Craft Trust - Works with staff in the statutory, independent and voluntary sectors to protect people with learning disabilities who may be at risk from abuse. + Helpline for reporting abuse
- Department of Health Policy and Guidlines - Government information about the protection of vulnerable adults.
- Department of Constitutional Affairs - Responsible in government for upholding justice, rights and democracy.
- Domestic Violence - Information from Leicestershire Council Council.
- DVIRP - Domestic Violence Support for men and women over 16 living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
- Home Office - Information about Government initiatives and laws to protect vulnerable adults.
- Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Multi Agency Adult Protection Policy & Procedures
- No Cold Calling Zone - Information from Leicestershire County Council Trading Standards on door step callers.
- Practitioner Alliancefor Safeguarding Adults (PASA) - safeguarding adults whose circumstances may make them more at risk of abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Public Concern at Work - Provides free help to prospective whistleblowers, advise on whistleblowing laws and help organisations create a culture where it is safe and accepted for staff to blow the whistle.
- Public Guardianship Office (PGO) - Responsible for ensuring that receivers or attorneys are appointed to look after the financial affairs of clients, or donors, who are not mentally capable of doing so themselves.
- Report Hate - Report hate incidents to Leicestershire County Council
- Respond - Challenging vulnerability and abuse in the lives of people with a learning difficulty.
- Voice UK - Support for people with learning difficulties who have suffered abuse or crime.
- Women's Aid - A national domestic violence charity for women and children. Helpline for reporting abuse
Page Last Updated: 25 November 2013