Leicestershire Local Account
Response to feedback and complaints
The Adult Social Care Survey is an annual survey first conducted in 2011. It includes the views of a cross-section of service users receiving support at home such as home care or mobile meals, and those in permanent residential or nursing care.
Complaints and Commendations – Adult Social Care
In 2010/11 16,560 service users received services from the Adult Social Care Service.
- 107 complaints were received (97 the previous year)
- 9 complaints from Local Government Ombudsman (7 the previous year)
- 103 commendations received (97 the previous year)
- Mediation training undertaken for staff
- Updated ‘Tell Us’ leaflet
- Complaint handling questionnaire reviewed
- New emphasis on capturing lessons learnt from complaints
Page Last Updated: 21 March 2012