Dignity in Care
The national Dignity in Care Campaign challenges commissioners, providers and local communities to deliver care in a way that actively promotes dignity, and to take positive action to empower Older People and their carers.
The national campaign also sets out 10 Dignity Challenges which focus on the things that matter most to people and outline the expectations of a good service that respects dignity. These challenges can be used by providers, commissioners and people who use services to see how local services are performing.
In Leicestershire we aim to:
- Raise awareness of dignity in care and inspire local people to take action
- Spread best practise and support people and organisations to drive up standards
- Reward and recognise those who make a difference and go that extra mile
Information icluding leaflets about dignity in care are available, see contact us
- 10 Dignity Challenges
- What are we doing in Leicestershire to promote Dignity in Care?
- Dignity in Care for Professionals
- Department of Health information about Dignity in Care
Page Last Updated: 31 August 2011