All our staff are committed to providing you with the best services we can. In adult social care our customer service commitments are similar to those of the rest of the Council which you can read by downloading the Council’s Customer Service Standards. When you first contact the Council regarding adult social care, we will give you information in a Customer Care Pack.
When you are dealing with any member of staff from the Council regarding adult social care, we will at all times:
- Treat you fairly and with respect
- Be polite, helpful, open and honest in all our communications with you
- Try wherever possible to provide the services you need, when and where you want them
- Try wherever possible to answer your enquiry at the first point of contact
- Provide easy-to-understand, useful and up to date information about our services, in a clear format
- Deal with your feedback positively and quickly
- Respect your confidentiality
- Let you know how quickly we can take action to resolve your complaint if you have one
- Direct you to where you need to go if you do not need our services
We are committed to providing all of our customers with equal access to services and we will:
- Give you information and advice about our services that is clear and easy to understand
- Give you information in whichever format you need it (for example, in languages other than English, in Braille, in large print or on audio tape)
- Arrange for an interpreter or a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter for people who need it
We are always keen to receive feedback, good and bad, through our Compliments, Comments and Complaints process.
You can also contact us directly to speak to someone about any aspect of adult social care.
Page Last Updated: 13 May 2013