What is it?
- Time out from the normal routine, away from home, can provide a breath of fresh air for people with support needs and their carers
- Whether you are planning to go on holiday on your own, or with your carer, it can be a worry about where to go and how you will manage
- Lots of organisations can provide information and advice about finding a suitable holiday for people with support needs
- Some have regular newsletters or travel clubs and they can help you make choices that are right for you
- You could choose to go on an escorted day trip or longer holiday, either in the UK or abroad
- Some organisations can also provide information about adapted holiday accommodation for people with different disabilities and breaks that include care and support
Page Last Updated: 12 December 2012