Leicestershire has a number sports centres, clubs and facilities. Leicestershire’s sport and active recreation includes dance, walking and cycling for recreation in addition to more traditional formal and informal sports.
Centres and Facilities
- King Edward VII Sports Centre
- Sports Facilities as listed on the Leicestershire Connect website
- Sports and Leisure centres are run by local district councils
- Fishing Lakes at Snibston Country Park
Groups, Clubs and Activities
- Sports Groups and Clubs - as listed on the Leicestershire Connect website
- Walking - a chance to explore Leicestershire's countryside
- Cycling - events, news and paths
- Leicestershire Revealed Sports Theme - Museum objects representing sporting traditions
- Focus On Sport - Resources to be inspired and get involved
- Sport and Fitness courses for adults
- BBC Sport Academy - learning resources for students and teachers, top tips from professionals, downloads, interactive guides, plus audio and video.
- British Blind Sport Association - A national registered charity and membership organisation open to all visually impaired children and adults.
- English Federation of Disability Sport - is the national body responsible for developing sport for disabled people in England.
- Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport - aim to make sport and active recreation accessible for all and help everyone to fulfil their potential.
- Sport England - aims to get more people playing and enjoying sport and to help those with talent get to the very top.
- UK Deaf Sport - Enables deaf people to benefit from, excel at and fulfil their potential through sport of their own choosing.
- UK Sport - is the Government agency leading the UK to world-class success in sport.
Page Last Updated: 13 May 2013