If you'd like to find out more about Leicestershire's past, here are some links to other websites that might be of interest...
- Current Archaeology - An archaeology magazine online.
- Young Archaeologists Club - A club for people aged 8-16 years and interested in archaeology.
- BBC Archaeology - Information from the BBC covering all aspects of archaeology.
- Institute for Field Archaeologists - promoting professional standards and ethics for conserving, managing, understanding and promoting enjoyment of heritage.
- University of Leicester Archaeology Information - events, training, courses and research from Leicester University.
- Council for British Archaeology - an educational charity working to involve people in archaeology and to promote the appreciation and care of the historic environment.
- Magic.gov.uk - government website showing statutorily designated areas (Battlefields, Registered Parks & Gardens, Scheduled Monuments).
- Images of England - images of listed buildings in England; there are 4260 Leicestershire listed buildings on the site.
- Portable Antiquities Scheme - a database of finds recovered throughout the country, including photographs.
- Victoria County Histories - online volumes of the Victoria County History books for Leicestershire.
- Transactions of the Leicestershire Archaeological and Historical Society - many volumes of the Society's journal are now available online.
- Historical Directories - online copies of Trade Directories published between 1750 and 1919.
- Heritage Gateway - a portal to various English Heritage resources and Historic Environment Records around the country.
- Historic Mapping (1st edition OS) - 1st edition (late C19th) mapping for Leicestershire.
- Historic Mapping - historic maps on the British Library website, including the early C19th OS Surveyor maps.
- Google Maps - modern aerial photography.
- Multimap - modern aerial photography.
Page Last Updated: 13 May 2013