Find the right book to turn struggling readers into confident ones and reluctant readers into book-lovers.
- Download a list of books written specifically for dyslexic children and young people.
- Download a list of books suitable for struggling or reluctant younger readers.
- Barrington Stoke publish books by some of the best children's authors especially for children with dyslexia. Check the online catalogue for the latest titles in stock in libraries.
- Lovereading4kids dyslexia-friendly books - a selection of titles specifically written to help dyslexic children.
- Download a list of children's books that feature a dyslexic character.
- Download a list of books for adults with dyslexia or adults supporting children with dyslexia
- Quick Reads - bite-sized books by bestselling writers and celebrities. They are ideal for adults who find reading tough.
Many of the books listed on the websites above are available from the library service. Ask at your local library or use the online catalogue. Anyone with dyslexia can request books free of charge.
- Dyslexia Action - a national charity and the UK's leading provider of services and support for people with dyslexia and literacy difficulties.
- British Dyslexia Association - the voice of dyslexic people. National Helpline 0845 251 9002
- Leicestershire Dyslexia Association - help and support to dyslexics of any age, parents, teachers and employers.
- Leicestershire County Council's Educational Psychology Service. What is dyslexia? How parents can help.
- Use Infolinx to search for local dyslexia support groups.
- Adults requiring help with reading, writing or spelling can contact the Leicestershire Adult Learning Service.
- Dudes with Dyslexia - an inspirational website produced by a dyslexic young person.
- Being Dyslexic - dyslexic information for all ages and situation. Includes a duslexia community forum.
- Mike Juggins is an artist and campaigner for greater understanding and awareness of dyslexia
For books about dyslexia ask at your local library or use the online catalogue (type Dyslexia in the keyword search box).
Page Last Updated: 6 June 2013