Computer Facilities in Libraries
The People's Network is funded by the New Opportunities Fund and managed by Resource: The Council for Museums, Archives and Libraries
ICT Centre Services
The ICT centres will have all the services available to the peoplesnetwork libraries, plus ICT training courses in conjunction with local providers. Target groups will include micro-enterprises and business start-ups, children and young people and elderly people.
- Public access to the World Wide Web including e-mail
- Microsoft Office programs including Word XP, Excel XP, Access XP, Powerpoint XP plus Front Page 2002, Publisher 2002 and Photeditor 97
- Scanning and Printeing.
- Online information resources in Leicestershire libraries
- BBC Webwise (on CD-ROM or the Internet ), IT for All, and Computers don't Bite training packages
- INFOLINX - Local organisations and information database
- Online access to the library catalogue (OPAC)
- Access is free except for a small charge made for printing.
- You will need a PIN to access library computers
Extra funding has been provided by The Rural Partnership
ICT Centres in Libraries
Some computers can be booked online, for others you will need to contact the library.
Page Last Updated: 21 October 2010