Computer & Internet Use
Policy and Guidelines
Guidelines for Computer Use
Guidelines for Computer Use (Word doc)
Policy for Public Computer Use
Policy for Public Computer Use (Word doc)
Guidelines for the use of the Internet in Leicestershire Libraries
Leicestershire Library Services Internet Acceptable Use Agreement
You agree to:
- Accept responsibility for the sites that you visit.
- Accept that staff have the right to ask you about the sites that you visit and have the right to require you to leave the Library if you break this agreement.
- Follow the guidance of library staff in managing the usage of this facility
- Supervise children’s surfing if you are responsible for a child under 8 years old.
You must not:
- Seek to transmit, receive, access or view any site/material which contains or is likely to contain any material which might be seen as defamatory, libellous, insulting or offensive by others, or which is profane, obscene, indecent, pornographic, inflammatory, threatening, discriminatory, harassing (racially, sexually or otherwise offensive), subversive or violent, racist or of an extreme political nature, or which incites violence, hatred or any illegal activity
- Obstruct the appropriate use of the internet by other customers
- View live broadcast TV as the library is not licensed to permit you to do so
- Leicestershire Library Services (LLS) accepts no liability for on-line transactions made by customers over the internet, or the accuracy and integrity of information supplied via the internet.
- LLS uses web checking software that blocks sites in certain categories.
- Staff will ask you to stop using a site if they feel that it is causing offence to other customers.
- Surf the web safely and responsibly. Guidance is available from this library
Page Last Updated: 12 October 2010