How are we doing?
|Plans & Performance||What You Think|
Last year we:
- Bought almost 100,000 books for the library service
- Introduced self service issue to our major 16 libraries
- Opened new libraries at Lutterworth and Barwell
- Introduced an improved book catalogue which makes searching for books easier and more informative
- Gave customers access to over 300 reference books free of charge through our website 24/7
- Introduced free self service internet taster sessions using “My guide” online.
- Carried out the Adult Public Library User Survey (PLUS) (word doc)
- Consulted with you about how we continue to modernise the service
- Attracted more than 13,500 children to Quest Seekers, the 2009 Summer Reading Challenge; 2000 more than the year before.
- Introduced a new mobile library and promoted the mobile library service
- Achieve greater value from our stock fund through joining a consortium to achieve improved discounts
- Explore the implementation of downloadable e-books and audio
- Continue to consult with you about how we modernise the library service
- Plan author events in libraries
- Implement a co-ordinated health offer in Coalville, Melton, and Oadby libraries
- Refurbish Anstey, Blaby, Market Bosworth, Stoney Stanton and Syston libraries
- Seek the views of children and young people by running the Children’s Public Library User Survey (PLUS)
- Run Space Hop, the 2010 Summer Reading Challenge
- Participate in National Family Week
- Award our second Leicestershire Children’s Book Prize
- Increase volunteering opportunities in libraries
If you want to find more out about what is happening at your local library, follow the link to their plan on their website page.
Page Last Updated: 20 April 2011