Requests for Road Improvements
We receive many requests for road improvements, and potential schemes are assessed to help meet the following transport priorities set out in the Leicestershire Transport Plans (LTP3).
- Support the economy and population growth
- Manage the condition and resilience of our transport system
- Encourage active and sustainable travel
- improve the connectivity and accessibility of our transport system
- Improving road safety
- Manage the impact of our transport system on quality of life
Typical schemes include:-
- New roads and bypasses
- Speed reducing measures such as traffic calming or vehicle activated signs
- New pedestrian crossing facilities
- Cycle and bus route improvements
- Junction and carriageway improvements
To see examples of the types of road features used to reduce road casualties and/or the impact of traffic please click on the link to the photo gallery of road safety measures.
There may be a scheme already planned for your area. You can check this by looking at our Transportation Capital Programme, or by visiting the Road Schemes page and following the links for your area.
If you believe that a road improvement scheme would be of benefit to your area, or there is a particular problem in your area which may be addressed by the types of scheme listed above, you can make a request using our online request form.
Page Last Updated: 13 February 2013