Mobile Lane Closure
- Experienced on Motorways and Dual Carriageways.
- Operatives Trained and Accredited to Relevant Sector Scheme Documents.
- Purpose Built Equipment.
- On Site Monitoring to Minimise Disruptions.
- All Vehicles in Radio Contact for Safety.
- Members of the Mobile Lane Closure Contractors Association.
- Safest Method of Working for Operatives and Travelling Public.
Leicestershire Highways has years of experience in this highly co-ordinated form of traffic management for Motorways and Dual Carriageways. We have successfully worked with the Highways Agency and various Local Authorities.
The system allows slow moving activities such as mechanical sweeping, gully emptying, road markings and grass cutting to be completed at lower cost compared with conventional “signs and cones” traffic management, with minimal disruption to traffic.
The service is available day or night to further reduce traffic disruption.
Because set-up and take down times are shorter than conventional traffic management, more work can be completed during restricted hours, making further savings.
Page Last Updated: 4 March 2004