Section 106 (New Household Travel)
New County home owners encouraged to think green with Leicestershire County Council.
What is a 'New Household Local Sustainable Travel Pack'?
Leicestershire County Council are working with local housing developers to provide a local transport information pack, ‘New Household Local Sustainable Travel Pack’, which will be distributed to new residents within contributing developments across the County.
Designed to encourage the adoption of sustainable transport, contained within the pack are sustainable transport options and information for the local area, advice on local transport bus services, cycle routes, taxi information, walking maps and journey planning assistance.
Also normally contained within the pack are application forms for two free 3 or 6 months bus passes for the local bus service, to encourage the use of sustainable transport.
Leicestershire County Council hopes to continue to work with developers countywide to develop a roll out program of the packs and encourage the public to embrace a healthier and more environmentally friendly lifestyle.
Adopting any of the travel alternatives in the packs could help you save money i.e. in petrol costs and also, it is hoped, reduce road pollution and congestion.
For details of eligible housing developments please see below.
For more information on transport planning please visit www.travelineeastmidlands.co.uk or contact the Helpline on 0116 305 0002, e-mail email@example.com or write to Sustainable Travel Group, E&T, Leicestershire County Council, County Hall, Glenfield, Leicestershire, LE3 8RJ
County Supported Developments
- Barratt Homes 'Farndon Fields' Farndon Road, Market Harborough
- Bellway Homes East Midlands 'Darcey Park' Ashby Road, Ibstock
- Bloor Homes 'Fairfield Manor' Park Lane, Castle Donington
- Bloor Homes 'Fox Meadows' Breach Lane, Earl Shilton
- Cadeby Homes Woodhouse Road, Quorn
- David Wilson Homes 'Bentley Meadows' Park Lane, Castle Donington
- David Wilson Homes 'Discovery Gardens' Ashby Road, Coalville
- David Wilson Homes 'Farndon Fields' Farndon Road, Market Harborough
- David Wilson Homes 'Kibworth Meadows' Leicester Road, Kibworth
- David Wilson Homes 'Montgomery Gardens' Montgomery Road, Earl Shilton
- David Wilson Homes 'Parkers Place' Linkfield Road, Mountsorrel
- David Wilson Homes 'St James' View' Loughborough Road, Hathern
- David Wilson Homes 'The Hedgerows' Breach Lane, Earl Shilton
- Jelson Homes Ltd 'Bradgate Vale' Link Road, Anstey
- Jelson Homes Ltd 'Newton Mead' Harcourt Road, Wigston
- Jelson Homes Ltd 'Outlands Croft' Outlands Drive, Hinckley
- Jeson Homes Ltd 'The Hawthorns' Loughborough Road, Asfordby
- McCarty & Stone Retirement Lifestyles Ltd ‘Rowley’s Court’ Sandhurst Street, Oadby
- Miller Homes 'Augustus Park' St John's, Enderby
- Miller Homes 'Stretton Glen' off Stretton Road, Great Glen
- Taylor Wimpey 'Terracotta Gardens' Shepshed Road, Hathern
- Waterloo Housing 'Discovery Gardens' Ashby Road, Coalville
- Waterloo Housing 'Orton Place' Oxford Street Earl, Shilton
- Waterloo Housing 'Parkers Place' Linkfield Road, Mountsorrel
- Waterloo Housing 'Stretton Glen' off Stretton Road, Great Glen
- William Davis Ltd 'Gynsill Place' Gynsill Lane, Anstey
Look out for new developments coming soon.
Page Last Updated: 23 July 2012