To help residents reduce their food waste we have a number of handy items that you can request for free:
- New Meal Planner - Plan your meals for the week using the magnetic and wipe clean meal planner to avoid over buying or wasting leftovers.
- Eat Well Waste Less Recipe Book - A recipe for every imaginable leftover, create an exciting meal from everyday leftovers.
- Spaghetti Measure - Ensuring you cook the right portion size will reduce the chance of any leftover spaghetti
- Bag Clip - Use on cereals, crisps, cakes, bread and many other items to keep them fresh
- Magnetic Shopping List - Stick it to the fridge and add ingredients to the list as they get used up to ensure you never run out of the essentials.
Sarah Barker from Woodhouse Eaves, has seen a real difference since using her free meal planner:
"Now I have a Meal Planner it's clear exactly what I'm cooking on each day and I've been able to plan ahead. This allows me to list the foods I need, rather than aimlessly wandering around the supermarket purchasing unnecessary buy one get one free offers or special deals.
The real proof that the Meal Planner works is when I get to the till and my bill is £50 as opposed to £120, and when it gets to bin day my Wheelie Bin is not full to the brim with waste."
To claim a free giveaway to help you reduce food waste call 0116 305 7005 (limited stocks available, one item per person, only available to Leicestershire residents – excludes Leicester City).
Page Last Updated: 13 May 2013