The Big Switch Off
Saving energy makes good business sense
Many companies think of energy as a fixed overhead but saving energy is actually one of the easiest ways to reduce costs and improve your reputation. Simply by switching machines off after use, or turning the thermostat down by one degree, you can make real savings on your energy bill. And just reducing it by 20% could add the same amount to your profits as a 5% increase in sales.
Take part in the Big Switch Off and find out how much energy and money you can save!
Why take part?
- Be part of a high profile initiative
- Reduced energy costs for your organisation
- Free resource pack to run your own staff campaign
- Helps you to work towards internal sustainability targets
- Instant online publicity from pledging to take part
- Good PR opportunities
- Access case studies online to find out how other organisations are getting involved
How do I get involved?
- run a simple staff campaign to encourage employees to help save energy at work. When you pledge to take part on-line you will automatically be registered and a free campaign resource pack will be emailed at the start of September.
- take and record your own electricity meter readings for two weeks – the week before and the week of the Big Switch Off. The results can then be compared and fed back to employees to encourage further energy savings. Promote your success through the campaign website.
- Write a short case study outlining how your organisation has already made energy and cost savings. We will be pleased to promote this through the website and the local media.
Join in today
Show your support for the Big Switch Off by adding our pledge logo to your email signature.
Page Last Updated: 14 October 2010