Broombriggs Farm and Windmill Hill
The Park was presented to Leicestershire County Council in 1970 and is a 55-hectare mixed arable and stock farm. It has a 2.4km (1.5 mile) farm trail and information boards explaining the working of the farm. The trail is interlinked with a network of waymarked footpaths and horse tracks.
Between Broombriggs Farm and the village of Woodhouse Eaves is Windmill Hill, which got its name from being the site of a 19th-century windmill. The site is opposite Beacon Hill Country Park.
- Pay and Display car park. £2.50 all day parking. Please note exact money is needed.
- Opposite Beacon Hill Country Park, Beacon Road, Woodhouse Eaves, Loughborough, LE12 8SR
- There are footpaths across farmland, with some steep slopes.
- Car Park Season Ticket Information
- Bus Routes: Centrebus 54 (Monday – Friday), Thurmaston Bus 123 (Saturday). Contact Traveline for more information
|Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr||May - Aug||Sept||Oct||Nov - Dec|
|7am - 4pm||7am - 5pm||7am - 6pm||7am - 7pm||7am - 8pm||7am - 7pm||7am - 6pm||7am - 4pm|
The Country Park Service has a number of different volunteer groups that work at various Country Parks throughout the year. The Beacon Hill Volunteer Group get together on the second and third Sundays of the month, occasionally working at Broombriggs Farm and Windmill Hill.
Tel: 0116 305 5000 (8.30am - 5pm Mon - Thu, 8.30am - 4.30pm Fri). Outside of these times, emergencies only please.
Email: email@example.com Emails are checked during the week. You will not receive a response to your email at weekends or Bank Holidays.
Page Last Updated: 2 November 2012