Cycling Courses for Adults - at venues across the County
- Free Cycling courses for adults
- Cycling is a fun way to get fit, save money on fuel and is a more environmentally friendly way to make everyday journeys.
- If you haven’t cycled before or don’t feel confident then why not try a free cycling course for over 16s.
- Don’t worry if you’ve not got a bike – we can loan you one during the course (subject to availability). A refundable deposit of £20 is required for this, payable at the first session.
- Helmets are also available for loan (£10 refundable deposit).
- Training is delivered over five two-hour sessions. Courses are based at various venues around the county, such as parks, where you can start cycling on easy paths before progressing onto the road when you are ready.
- You can choose between weekday, evening or weekend sessions. The times of sessions vary at each location.
- A basic introduction to checking your bike is included in each course.
- If you need to miss a session, the course is designed to be flexible, but please inform the course leader during the course or make contact to discuss this using the contact details below.
- The aim of the course is to gradually develop your skills and confidence to cycle for leisure or to work.
- Training is delivered by experienced instructors qualified to national standard.
Where and when?
- Courses are taking place at venues across the County during 2013. Further details are in the attached leaflet (pdf document 1.04mb)
- To sign-up for a course please use this separate booking form booking form (pdf document 128kb). Download, print off, complete and SIGN it and send it to: ETD Central Admin, Leicestershire County Council, County Hall; Room 700, Glenfield, Leicestershire, LE3 8RJ
- The course is FREE!
- Any questions, to book on the course, or if you are having difficulty downloading the leaflet or booking form – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 305 5289.
Page Last Updated: 27 February 2013