Welcome to your free guide to Leicestershire’s beautiful countryside - it has so much to offer!
Get out into the fresh air, relax and enjoy nature, exercise or try your hand at an environmental conservation task, the choice is yours.
With an excellent network of footpaths, bridleways and cycle routes linking fascinating villages, historic sites and country parks plus landscapes which vary from the granite hills of Charnwood Forest, the peaceful valleys and canals, the rolling countryside of eastern Leicestershire to the growing woodlands of the National Forest, Leicestershire’s countryside has it all!
Inside this guide you’ll find details of country parks to visit plus walking and cycling routes in the countryside or alongside the County’s waterways.
Download the Countryside Guide
To download the Countryside Guide as a PDF please use the links below. The leaflet is a very large file and will take some time to download.
The guide is available complete (a very large file) or in sections (not quite such large files - but still big) - If you have difficulty opening the file by clicking on the link - try right clicking over the link and save the document to your computer and open it from there.
Leicestershire Countryside Guide
- Introduction and Contents (PDF - 2mb)
- Main Leicestershire Country Parks (PDF - 7mb)
- A-Z of great places to explore in Leicestershire (PDF - 4.5mb)
- Walking - Trails, Parish Walks, Strolls and Get Active (PDF - 5mb)
- Cycling (PDF - 3mb)
- Waterways (PDF - 2mb)
- Countryside Code (PDF - 1mb)
- Map - with locations of parks etc (PDF - 7.5mb)
- Full Countryside Guide (PDF - 30mb) | Countryside Guide ( Word) NB This leaflet was published in 2010 and now contains some out of date vouchers.
The Guide is also available in Libraries, Museums and most local Tourist Information Centres. If you would like to offer the Countryside Guide from your community venue, please order your copies using the online Request Form
Page Last Updated: 2 April 2013