Specialist Teaching Services
Learning Support Service
We offer services to support children and young people who are experiencing specific or general learning needs in Leicestershire schools and colleges.
These services include:
- Advice and assessment - varying levels for literacy and maths
- Tuition - small group or 1:1 in short or longer blocks
- Modelling - of approaches and methods to school staff by LSS tutors or specialist HLTAs
- Consultations - to help develop programmes or to showcase recommended published resources and software
- Generic training - covering a range of topics in central or area based venues
- Bespoke training - developed for individual schools or group of schools, delivered locally
- Packages of support - tailor made to meet individual school and/or pupil requirements
- Publications - of intervention programmes developed by LSS
Referral Forms (Word doc, 3.72MB)
Revised Dyslexia guidance 2012 (Word doc, 2.9MB)
The Learning Support Service offers a continuum of specialist support to pupils and schools, which is flexible in nature and tailored to meet the individual needs of pupils with learning difficulties, including dyslexia. The aim of our work is to build school capacity in order to enhance the educational opportunities of children and young people who are experiencing such difficulties. We are a fully traded service.
Please use the links below or on the left to navigate through our pages.
Page Last Updated: 12 March 2013