|English and Maths Course List (pdf, 273KB)|
English and Maths - Skills for Life
Gain a qualification in English and/or maths whilst developing the skills and confidence needed at work, in everyday life and to help your children.
Courses are from beginner level to level 2.
Before you start you will have the opportunity to discuss the skills you would like to develop; and which will be the right course for you.
We offer the following FREE courses:
English and Maths – Functional Skills from entry level to level 2
This qualification is recognised by employers and, at level 2, is an equivalent skill level to GCSE on the Qualifications and Curriculum Framework.
- Small friendly groups
- Develop confidence in the English and/or maths skills needed for everyday life and work.
- Work with your tutor to develop an Individual Learning Plan based on your interests and needs.
- Start and finish at any time
- Gain a qualification when ready
GCSE English and Maths
- Fast paced, intensive courses for learners who are confident in everyday maths and English skills
- Acceptance on the course will be subject to a short entrance test
- Home study is essential for success
- Courses start early Sept and fill up very quickly. Early application is advisable
We highly recommend the Move On website to check out and develop your skills www.move-on.org.uk
Some learners' experiences:
Sarah left school when she was 14 to have a baby. She thought that her learning life was over and developed mild depression and anxiety. After returning to learn, Sarah now has Level 1 and Level 2 Numeracy and has nearly completely her GCSE in Maths. She has also gained some ICT qualifications on the way and is looking forward to the Access course at her local FE College. Soon this will lead Sarah to a University place.
Another one of our learners is John – a care worker who has an ambition to be a nurse. John enrolled for English GCSE and a maths course leading to the National Certificate in Adult Numeracy at Level 2. It has not been easy juggling his studies along with a young family but now John has just been offered a place on the nursing course at the university. John told us – “I wish I had done this, years ago. I can’t wait to be a fully qualified nurse.”
Learners have said;
- “Was this a course? I had so much fun I didn’t realise I was learning.”
- “I now have the learning bug”
- “I am thrilled to have achieved the Level 2 in Adult Literacy and Adult Numeracy.”
- “I wished I had done this years ago.”
- “I can now help my son with his homework”
Page Last Updated: 22 July 2013