Family Learning is about family members learning new skills and enjoying learning together.
If you are a parent with very few or no qualifications, and on a low income, the Adult Learning Service offers a range of exciting family learning opportunities that will help:
- To prepare your child for school
- To support your child’s English and maths
- To give you the confidence to encourage your child’s learning at home
- To give you ideas for fun activities you can try with your child
Family Learning activities take place at a variety of locations throughout Leicestershire all year round and include such activities as:
- Family Arts andCrafts
- “My Family and ICT”, Creating Photo stories
- Wizard Eaters, Luscious Lunchboxes
- K’nex and Lego Challenges
- Story or Number Sacks
- Family French and Spanish
- Environmental and Outdoor Play
Family Learning aims to help parents and carers to be more active in supporting their children’s learning. Other events are held for families with pre-school children to help parents explore ways of encouraging language development through fun, practical activities.
Family English, Maths and Language
Family English, Maths and Language programmes aim to help parents and carers understand how literacy and maths are taught and ways to support their children’s learning, and are run at various schools in the county.
The programmes are designed to improve parents’ skills and increase their confidence; many parents gain certificates in literacy and maths and move into further learning or employment.
Please phone 0116 3050567 for more information.
Page Last Updated: 27 June 2014