Domestic Abuse Awareness Campaigns
The Leicestershire County Council Community Safety Team periodically undertake publicity campaigns to raise awareness of domestic abuse and violence, and to promote the support.services available to residents in the County.
The Community Safety team work closely in partnership with other statutory and voluntary agencies across the County and Leicester City. These include;-
- Blaby District Council
- Charnwood Borough Council
- Harborough District Council
- Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council
- Leicester City Council
- Melton Borough Council
- North West Leicestershire District Council
- Oadby & Wigston Borough Council
- Domestic Violence Integrated Response Project
- Women's Aid Leicestershire Ltd
- Living Without Abuse (formerly Loughborough Women's Aid)
- Leicestershire Constabulary
- Leicestershire Health Services
- Leicestershire Probation Services
- Victim Support
Other agencies and organisations also get involved, supporting communities such as LGBT, Gypsy and Travellers, people with disabilities, children and young people etc.
Each year, there is a week long County/City wide campaign towards the end of November. Additional campaigns may take place around events in the calendar, such as Valentines Day, Summer holidays, or Christmas.Campaigns include press releases, awareness and training events, displays and fundraising events.
If you wish to find out more about planned awareness campaigns, or wish to get involved, please contact the Community Safety Team by e-mail, or telephone the Domestic Violence Reduction Co-ordinator on 0116 305 7594.
Page Last Updated: 21 November 2012