Find out more about the Leicestershire Fieldworkers including:
- The latest from the Leicestershire Fieldworkers
- Fieldtrips, meetings and publications
- How to get involved
A Parish based warden scheme using volunteers.
- More information about the Archaeological Network
- The latest news and publications
- Become a local Volunteer Archaeological Warden
If you are a young person interested in archaeology then join the club!
- Find out about the Young Archaeologists Club
- Hear the latest news about the Club and it's activities
- Find out about how to join the fun!
The Archaeology Festival is a great chance for families to:
- Learn more about the Archaeology Festival
- Learn about local history and heritage
- Take part in hands-on activities and events
The Finds Liaison Officer identifies and makes records of publically found archaelogical objects from across Leicestershire and Rutland. They also deal with all Treasure found in the county. All this information is available for all to view via the www.finds.org.uk website.
- Portable Antiquities Scheme
- The Treasure Act
- Leicestershire Finds and treasures
Leicestershire has many places of interest for people interested in Archaeology.
- Find out more about Places of Interest in the County
- Historic Buildings and sites
- Scheduled Monuments
Leicestershire offers many opportunities to learn about history and archaeology; whether you are a beginner, hobbyist or professional.
- Learn about Archaeology
- Talks, Tours & Fieldtrips
- Archaeology events
There are many other websites offering information about archaeology, here we have tried to put together some of the best ones!
- See Weblinks
Page Last Updated: 26 April 2013