No Cold Calling Zones
The purpose of ‘No Cold Calling’ zones is to discourage cold callers from specific residential areas - usually a street or small cluster of houses. The introduction of the scheme provides householders with the opportunity to collectively discourage the often-unwelcome practice of cold calling.
The zones are visibly identified by overt signs and by each participant displaying a sticker on their door. Residents are given information on how to deal with cold callers should the signs be ignored and advice about some security products.
The Information on this page is designed to assist you in the creation of No Cold Calling Zones, so it has been presented in formats that can be downloaded, printed and copied.
- An introduction to No Cold Calling Zones, their purpose and considerations that should be made before the creation of a zone.
- A step by step guide into creating a No Cold Calling Zone.
- Documents and presentation materials to assist you during the creation of a No Cold Calling Zone.
- Details about signage and literature that should be used as part of a No Cold Calling Zone.
If you are interested in setting up a No Cold Calling Zone, or would like some more information, please contact Leicestershire County Council Trading Standards Service on 0116 305 8000 and ask for the Community Safety & Well Being Team.
- Adult Social Care
- Age UK (Leicestershire & Rutland)
- Crime Stoppers
- Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Neighbourhood Watch website
- Leicestershire Constabulary
- Voluntary Actions Leicestershire
Page Last Updated: 15 June 2010