How to access the eBook Service?
- Go to the eBooks download site.
- Log in with a valid library card number and PIN.
To use the eBook Service you will need
- A valid Leicestershire library card and PIN number.
- A compatible device (see our eBooks questions page for more information).
- Adobe Digital Editions eBook software (you need to register with Adobe Digital Editions in order to download).
- An internet connection.
- To be in the UK (eBooks can only be downloaded on a UK server).
How can I get a Leicestershire library card and PIN number?
- If you are not a library member join here
- If you have lost or don't have a PIN please contact your local library
- If you have lost your library card please contact your local library
Features of the eBook Service
- It is free to download up to three eBooks
- eBooks can be downloaded for any number of days from 1day to 21 days.
- A wide range of titles for children and adults.
- No overdue charges as eBooks automatically expire at the end of the loan period.
- Titles can be reserved free of charge (You can cancel a reservation at any time via 'manage loans/reservations').
- New titles will be added on a regular basis.
- eBooks can be borrowed by any member of Leicestershire Library Services (adults and children).
- eBooks cannot be returned early or renewed.
Please note -
- eBooks cannot be downloaded from library computers or using library WIFI due to downloading restrictions.
- Our eBook Service is not compatible with Amazon Kindle due to Amazon's policy.
- eBooks are downloaded from an secure external website operated by our book supplier.
- Library staff cannot advise customers on technical aspects of the eBook Service, i.e. downloading to eBook devices. See our eBooks questions page for details of the services and technical requirements.
Page Last Updated: 13 May 2013