The Museum is now closed from Sunday, November 4th 2012 after Harborough district councillors approved plans to re-develop their headquarters in Adam and Eve Street where the Museum is housed.
The £5.75m investment will provide public access from the front of the building, better civic facilities and an improved home for the Museum and Library.
The investment comprises around £1.6m from the County Council, which will use some of the office space, and just over £4m from the District Council’s reserves and through prudent borrowing.
Unfortunately we are unable to answer enquiries during this time.
For local history information please contact the Record Office.
The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland - Address: Long Street, Wigston Magna, Leicester, LE18 2AH
Telephone: 0116 257 1080. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about the Leicestershire museum collections, including the Hallaton Treasure and the Symington collection of corsets, please contact the Collections Resources Centre.
Collections Resources Centre - Telephone : 0116 3053720, E-mail : email@example.com
Harborough Museum was established in 1983 and is operated in partnership by Leicestershire County Council, Harborough District Council, and the Market Harborough Historical Society.
Media enquiries about the building refurbishment should be directed to Harborough District Council Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01858 828282
Questions and Answers
Page Last Updated: 12 February 2014